Home > Admission Referral > Visitor
- All visitors must register at the Visitor Assistance Desks.
Visitors shall obtain passes and display these passes at
all times while on medical center grounds.
- Visiting hours for all patients on all
patient units are: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Visitors are allowed to be in the patient’s room (bedside)
during visiting hours as long as their presence does
not disrupt patient care.
- Children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult
and supervised at all times. Children under age 5 are
permitted in the patient’s room with the approval of the nursing
Title 22, section 7070, Patient Rights, (17) stipulates that
patients may designate visitors of their own choosing. Section 7070, (17)(B)
allows the facility to restrict visitors if it has reasonably determined that
the presence of a particular visitor would endanger the health or safety of a
patient, member of the health facility staff, or other visitor to the health
facility, or would significantly disrupt the operations of the facility. Section
707, (19) stipulates that a facility may establish reasonable restrictions on
visitation, including hours of visitation and number of visitors.
Intensive Care Unit - visitors of Intensive Care patients are
allowed five minutes each hour, with a limit of two visitors at a time.
All Other Units -
- With the approval of, and as determined by the attending physician or
When the patient is in a terminal state.
- The first day following a major surgical procedure.
- When requested to come for rehabilitation training.
- When a family member is needed for translation services.
- As needed to meet a patient’s immediate psychological needs.
Family members and guardians are encouraged to participate
in their patient’s rehabilitation program. Visiting
hours may be adjusted for such beneficial participation. Participation outside
customary visiting hours must be done under the following guidelines:
- Observance of TV, radio, and lights off hours
- No sleeping in patient beds
- Maintaining quiet during sleeping hours
- No touching of equipment which they have not been trained to use
- No interference with the care of any patient on the units.
Persons of any age with an acute infectious disease should
not visit patients unless special precautions are
taken, such as the wearing of a surgical mask to prevent the spread of
infection. This requirement will be monitored by nursing staff on all units.
Such exceptions must be communicated immediately and in writing to the Visitors
Page last updated November 29, 2011
Please forward any comments or problems with this Web Site to